Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Elijah's 6th Birthday Olympics Party

I think I must have more fun planning my kids birthday parties than they do at them. They'd probably be happy just running around with nothing planned. How can I resist though! We handed out medals and trophy bags full of candy. We had team headbands and competed in relay races, discus throw (frisbee style) and high jump ... on the trampoline!
Happy Birthday Eli!
Of course there is the cake and we even tried cake pops this year. Great tasting and fun...easy to clean up too, but so glad I got the traditional cake as well, since the kids felt something was missing until they got the "official" slice style.
Quick picture of the team flags we made and fun sports water bottles as take home gifts. Four boys all huddled together in awe of a Transformer Bumblebee toy. One of my friends even came up with a little game to open the presents that I just loved. The kid giving the toy had to disguise their voice and the birthday boy had to guess who it was correctly or he couldn't open the gift! The kids loved it. So many giggles!

We Love you Eli!

3 comments:

  1. Great choice of theme for the party, it looks like it was a very enjoyable event. I am also organizing a Disney theme party on the occasion of my daughter’s birthday next week. I’ve decided to book a party space in one of the famous New York venues. Also downloading some amazing picture ideas for decorations and food.

    ReplyDelete