Thursday, May 5, 2011

Do what you can!


"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Life is always throwing us challenges. I love this quote because with life as it is in the military, we are always facing challenges to make the best of situations that are thrust upon us. There are so many things we don't have control over but what we do have control over is how we act.

We may not like a deployment or a new move or an assignment, but it's up to us to make the best of it. I have found that most of this is attitude. When I kneel in prayer I gain the strength and insights to make the best decisions for myself and my family and find the silver lining in my trials. I'm happy to have blessings given to me everyday to overcome the small and not so small trials of life.

I feel truly blessed to do what I can with what I have where I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment