Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Talent Show

Amelia got up and said this today when she showed off her painting. "This is a self portrait. It's a painting of me! It is what you can see when you look at me. What you can not see is what is inside of me. These are some of the things that make me, ME! I love to play soccer....takes out a soccer ball. I love to paint...shows paint brushes. I love to read...book. I love to cook with my Mom in the kitchen....bowl and spoon. So, now you can see there is a lot more to you and me than just what we can see! YIPEE!"

The girl before her showed training her dog to be obedient as her talent. He wouldn't walk up on stage though! He had to be carried. Sooo! funny. I would have to be carried up on stage too! I'm so proud of Amelia! She wanted to show a painting and volunteered to be in the talent show all on her own. How brave! I know how hard it is to get up in front of a crowd and she did great!

2 comments:

  1. I like the picture! That Amelia girl is AWESOME! Oh, and she always puts comments on her own stuff! Ha Ha Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of Amelia for daring to be different! In the seas of singing and dancing my little girl found a talent to share that was bold and different. I love her for her strength and individuality! You rock girl!

    ReplyDelete