Sunday, May 15, 2011

I think it's time to rethink the foodie kids....

Ok, so at dinner tonight Abe would not touch the fish, rice or broccoli! He actually spit out the green stuff whenever we tried to coax him! I've never had a child so hooked on berries! He has to have some fruit at every meal! His diet consists of raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, bananas, grapes, you get the picture! So while he was "communicating" that this is not the dinner he wanted, he kept looking at the butter on the table. Oh Yes! The child wanted to try it. I thought he'll take a bite and be disgusted and we'll move on but no, he LOVED it! ok, that one back fired! He kept fussing until I gave him another bite and then I had to hide it in the fridge so he'd stop "asking" for it. Dinner was another disappointment so I went seeking solitude in my garden. I could feel the cool wind as evening time approached and felt momentarily refreshed. I let Abe feel the grass between his toes and touch some of the hardier plants. While I was deadheading some marigolds and only a step away, Abe took two huge handfuls of dirt and started munching down on it! So the grilled fish, rice and broccoli were so disgusting he spit it out repulsed, but the dirt in the garden YUM! two thumbs up! Maybe I only have two foodie kids, the third would rather eat dirt than my cooking! At least he's getting some minerals in there somewhere!

1 comment:

  1. I can just see him grinning while doing this! Made me laugh - thanks!

    ReplyDelete