Sunday, May 15, 2011

raising my children to be foodies...

After reading Tom Colicchio's book "Think like a Chef" he says that real chefs think about what vegetables are in season and will plan a whole meal around an artichoke that is at it's peak. Well, I agree and have been trying to cook more seasonal... which always tastes better anyways. I asked the kids what they wanted for dinner Grilled Salmon or Spicy Thai Beef and rice. Both of them imediately asked what would the veggies be to accompany it! Surprised I told them and they decided to go for the salmon since it came with broccoli, a household favorite! Even though the farmer's market didn't have any veggies and broccoli isn't really in season right now. I still thought about how proud Tom would be and I felt a warming in my proud mom-heart too! They are going to be cute little monsters when they grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment