Thursday, April 21, 2011

Connect

Amelia's last day of school in Japan
This is our version of Rudolf the Rednose Reindeer

Amelia is so busy with her school day that is almost as long as a work day! Then when she gets home there is almost no time to spend with her individually. I've been trying to find a way to connect with her and I think I've found a good place to start. Every morning when I drop her off at school I make sure I say more than just "Goodbye and I love you". I've been trying to give her a boost to let her know how special she is to me. I let her know how I appreciate a special talent she has or highlight something good she's done lately. It's a rough life to be a kid and I want her to know that she's a daughter of God and is special to me. I love to see that little "embarrassed" smile she gets as she's jumping out of the car and the smile that lasts as she walks up and through the door. She's my little sweetheart!

No comments:

Post a Comment