Monday, April 18, 2011

The Joys of Parenthood

These are some Easter Basket cupcakes I made for the Nursery kids.
Hugs and Kisses from all of us!

Here is a Funny story that hopefully makes you laugh today!

So you know that cold I mentioned earlier that Abe has, well it got worse with a lot of coughing and "drainage". Well at church yesterday he was coughing a lot so I took him out to the hallway but the coughing wouldn't stop. Mom instinct took over and I started quickly walking towards the bathroom "just in case". Well, I was steps away from the bathroom door, right next to the water fountain when up came the mucus. As I was thinking "YUCK! but at least I caught it in my hand", I was turning from that mat that is in front of the water fountain and yes you guessed it the rest of his breakfast came out all over me top to bottom, the water fountain, the stool, the mat .... just about everything in a 10 mile radius!

Well, now I couldn't move lest I make the situation worse! So there I stood until someone came around the corner. Gratefully it was a friend who I promptly asked to go get Fred for me! Well Fred comes and helps clean up Abe and I grab my skirt to contain enough to get the 3 steps left into the girls bathroom. However as I was standing there wiping down with napkins I thought this is just not working! So the only way to clean up this mess is to rinse it off. I took off my skirt and was rinsing it in the sink as a poor little Young Women's Beehive came in to see me in my "under" garments. I said hello and pretended as nothing was wrong, but I think she was under some serious shock! She may need therapy.

Just as a side note a few weeks earlier I was asked to be a highlighted speaker to the Young Women about how to be a "Mom who's got it all together" where they wanted me to talk about the joys of Motherhood and how to prepare/organize for the future. This same girl came up to tell me how much she enjoyed my talk and ask me questions. Wonder what she's thinking now that she knows how glamorous motherhood really is! At least Abe is the cutest little flirt I've ever seen. Needless to say I threw in the towel and drove home soaking wet! Better luck next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment